DR is all fixed up!
Well, our house guest James made my day yesterday. When Edward and I rode to Alaska last year, one of the casualties was my headlight. Typical for riding up North, a rock kicked up and shattered the glass. None of it fell out, however, and so we covered it up with clear packing tape and I kept riding. One. Full. Year.
Well, thanks to James, that nasty bit of ghetto fix is in the spare parts pile left by other travelers.
Here he is, hard at work
He found a gob of wires under my plastics
And cleaned up some of the zip-tie madness
Swapped out lens housings
Made comment on his really expensive workbench (Edward’s KTM Super Enduro)
And then I pulled one of those “while you are in there and have everything apart” moves…
In one of last year’s “off’s”, I managed to break the mount for the whole front end assembly. I’ve been meaning to strip the bike down and bring it to a welder…but James did one better.
Here’s the stock mount:
Here’s the fix:
Complete with Locktite and everything, we figure something else is gonna break before that mount ever does.
A ride on the DR with Edward!
They rode out to Wolverine Canyon so James could get some dirt riding in (something he rarely does on his pristine Harley-Davidson!)
I stayed home for some “alone” time.
Thanks for the fixes James! Come back and visit and I’ll let you do that top end…